Men's soccer pulls through in overtime thriller against Lehigh

[caption id="attachment_15000" align="aligncenter" width="680"]Photo via SHU Athletics Photo via SHU Athletics[/caption] A humid day at Owen T. Carroll field made for another overtime finish, as Seton Hall’s men’s soccer team (1-2-1) won against the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (1-2), 4-3. Seton Hall came out on fire, putting multiple shots on goal. The first goal came in the 20th minute when senior Matheus Miranda headed one in. The Pirates did not let up, keeping the ball mainly in their possession. In the 47th minute, Jordan Kinoshi ran down a lob from Andres Arcila to score Seton Hall’s second goal. The goal completed a Seton Hall-dominated half, where the Pirates outshot the Mountain Hawks 11-4. It only took three minutes into the second half until Arcila scored his third goal of the year to put the Pirate up 3-0. Seton Hall seemed completely in control of the match, until Lehigh's Mark Forrest switched the momentum in the 51st minute with his first goal of the season. Forrest was not done however. In the 62nd minute he scored again and then completed a hat trick in the 77th. Seton Hall came close to another goal multiple times but was unable to complete the play. The score remained 3-3 heading into overtime. Play was at a standstill, with neither team recording a shot on goal. Four Lehigh penalties made the difference when the fourth gave Seton Hall a penalty kick in the 98th minute. Sophomore Arcila scored on the free kick for his second goal of the game to give the Pirates their second win. “It's great,” Arcila said of the win. “Our bodies feel those overtimes so it's great that we could beat them.” Head coach Gerson Echeverrey He was pleased with his team’s toughness. “It shows the character of these guys to fight and keep fighting," he said. Seton Hall’s next match will be away against the Delaware Blue Hens (4-0) on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Keith Egan can be reached at keith.egan@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @Keith_Egan10.