Men’s basketball schedule complete with Big East docket announced

[caption id="attachment_15015" align="aligncenter" width="626"]© Joey Khan Photography © Joey Khan Photography[/caption] With the Big East men's basketball schedules announced, it is now known Seton Hall will kick off conference play right after the Garden State Hardwood Classic against Rutgers. The Big East side of the schedule starts off with an away matchup against Creighton on Wednesday, Dec. 28. The Bluejays defeated the Hall in their first matchup last season, but the Pirates bested them twice more, including the opening game of the Big East Championship. Come Monday, Jan. 16, the Pirates get their first chance at the reigning NCAA Champion Villanova Wildcats. The away game will be part of the Big East marathon. After losing both regular season contests against the team last year, Seton Hall bested the Wildcats in the final game of the Big East Championship. It would be the last game Nova would lose on its way to the national title. Only one other team last year managed to beat the Hall twice, and that was Big East rival Butler. The Pirates will play the Bulldogs on Wednesday, Jan. 25 and in their final regular season game on Saturday, Mar. 4. February will prove to be a test for the pirates, as they have nine games in the span of 28 days. Right before March Madness, that is shaping to be a defining stretch for The Hall's postseason plans. Another notable matchup will come on Feb. 11 when the Pirates take on Chris Mullen’s St. John’s team at Madison Square Garden. A full look at Seton Hall’s completed schedule can be seen at SHUPirates.com. Kyle Kasharian can be reached at kyle.kasharian@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @ItsKyleKash.