ESPN’s Brickley talks Seton Hall start

[caption id="attachment_14618" align="aligncenter" width="453"]Photo courtesy of johnbrickley.tv Photo courtesy of johnbrickley.tv[/caption]   Before John Brickley was making appearances on ESPN, he was a student in South Orange. A 2006 graduate of Seton Hall, Brickley received his B.A. in broadcast journalism. The development of his skills and abilities were not limited to just his immersive classes, as Brickley was the sports director for WSOU and the sports anchor for Pirate Television. WSOU, Seton Hall’s student-run radio station broadcasts a wide range of music as well as a myriad of discussions, including sports talk. Brickley called it “the standard of excellence when it comes to college radio,” while adding that Seton Hall helped prepare him a career with The Worldwide Leader. “They laid down the foundation for the success that I’m having at the industry at this point,” Brickley said. “I picked the right school in Seton Hall.” Brickley got his career started when he became sports director of a Pennsylvania cable program. His dedication and talent caught the attention of an ESPN employee, who helped him get an opportunity to work for ESPN. Now a veteran at the network, Brickley has done radio shows, and play-by-play while working as a studio host and appearing on shows like SportsCenter AllNight. Brickley, reflecting on his time at Seton Hall, said that students should take initiative and pursue their interests while in college. “Take advantage of every opportunity that is presented to you,” Brickley said. “Don’t feel as if you’re undervalued in any way for any position.” Kyle Kasharian can be reached at kyle. kasharian@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @ ItsKyleKash.