Three golf seniors finish careers after rainy regionals

[caption id="attachment_14424" align="aligncenter" width="300"]via SHU Athletics via SHU Athletics[/caption] With an 18th place finish at the NCAA Stanford Regionals, the Women’s Golf team ended its spring season and the careers of three of the program’s seniors.   Despite the season not ending the way they had intended, seniors McKenize Cutter, Megan Tehundfeld and Karlie Zabrosky will solidify their success as the only three-time Big East Champions in the history of Seton Hall Women’s Golf.   The team shot a combined 35-over-par, 319 in Saturday’s final round, and were led by Tehundfeld and Cutter in this last effort as they both fired an 8-over-par, 79. The Hall earned a 310 and 315 in the prior rounds to amass a final score of 92-over-par, 944.   The Pirates were led by Tehundfeld, tying for 57th with a 15-over-par, at 228. Cutter and sophomore Cassie Pantelas were next in line, firing a 236 and 238, respectively. Rounding out the lineup was Zabrosky’s 242 and sophomore Macky Fouse’s 249.   The top six teams from the event will continue their season, and this pool includes host Stanford, who tied with USC for the top score of 4-over-par, Ohio State, UNC, Arkansas, and Virginia. Individually, Virginia’s Elizabeth Szokol tied with UC Davis’ Andrea Wong for the best score, shooting 4-under-par, 209.     Kyle Kasharian can be reached at kyle.kasharian@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @ItsKyleKash