Anticipating Beyoncé’s new clothing line

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="316"] Beyonce's Facebook page[/caption] We’ve been in formation for two months now and instead of releasing an album, Beyoncé did the unexpected and released a promotional video of her upcoming fitness clothing line “Ivy Park.” The Queen announced her latest venture on Thursday, March 31, which not only immediately motivated all young women to jump to their feet, but also called upon them to get their wallets in order. The newly unveiled collection of modified sportswear includes all manner of threads from tracksuits, to hoodies, headbands, flip flops, sneakers, and swimwear. It takes its name after Beyoncé’s daughter and Parkwood Park in Houston, Texas where Beyoncé grew up. The line, which she describes as merging fashion-led design with technical innovation and a means to inspire women who understand that beauty is more than your physical appearance, is a collaboration with Sir Philip Green of the retail giant Arcadia Group, according to the Elle magazine website. Not only did she release a campaign video, but she also launched an accompanying website where she is seen showcasing key looks from the 200-piece collection. Decked out in athletic threads from Beyoncé’s new clothing line is her 4-year-old daughter Blue Ivy showcasing that the line will also extend to the younger demographic. The Ivy Park collection is available starting today, April 14, in areas such as Nordstrom, Selfridges and Topshop among others. Seeing Beyoncé and her squad effortlessly work up a sweat is enough to convince us that these pieces are exactly what we will all want to wear in a couple of weeks. And given that prices start at $30 and cap out at $200, some items are affordable, adding to their attractiveness. A fascinating thing about this line is the message that accompanies it. In the released video, she talks about where she drew her inspiration. “I would wake up in the morning and my dad would come knocking on my door telling me it’s time to go running,” Beyoncé said in the video. “I remember wanting to stop, but I would push myself to keep going. It taught me discipline.” She then goes on to share, “The Park became a state of mind. The park became my strength.” This lesson on discipline and inner strength encourages us to find our own source of motivation for fitness. A fantastic thing really, just in time for summer. Perle Desir can be reached at perle.desir@student.shu.edu.