Isaiah Whitehead to enter NBA Draft process, per reports

[caption id="attachment_13771" align="aligncenter" width="838"]© Joey Khan Photography © Joey Khan Photography[/caption] Updated 2:37 p.m. March 19, 2016

A night after getting knocked out of the NCAA Tournament, Seton Hall could now be facing its biggest loss of all. Isaiah Whitehead will "test the NBA Draft waters," according to a report from Adam Zagoria on Friday in which the SNY reporter spoke with Pirates head coach Kevin Willard. New NCAA rules allow a player to workout at the NBA combine - which is held May 11-15 - while maintaining their college eligibility so long as said player does not hire representation. On Sunday it was reported by Zach Braziller of the New York Post that Whitehead's mother, Ericka Rambert, said her son was not planning on hiring an agent as of now. If he does not, Whitehead leaves open the possibility of returning to Seton Hall for his junior season. He has until 10 days after the combine to decide if he wants to further the process. Braziller reports that it is unlikely Whitehead leaves if he is not a guaranteed first-round pick. Whitehead told reporters on Thursday night following the Hall's loss to Gonzaga that no decision had been made and that he had to talk with his mother. The Pirates' star point guard does not currently appear on any major mock draft boards. He is the 30th-overall sophomore prospect, according to Draft Express. Whitehead finished the year averaging  18.2 points, 3.6 rebounds, 5.1 assists, 1.4 blocks and 1.2 steals over the course of 34 games. Gary Phillips can be reached at gary.phillips@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @GaryHPhillips.