Women's soccer drops final road match of the season to Georgetown

[caption id="attachment_11564" align="alignnone" width="660"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption]   A strong second half from the conference rival Georgetown Hoyas was too much for the Seton Hall women’s soccer team on Thursday, as the Pirates were defeated 4-0 on the road. The team now holds a record of 2-12-2 for the season and 1-6-0 in conference play. Recording her ninth start for the season, freshman goalkeeper Anna MacLean kept things in check for most of the first half. She conceded her lone goal to Melissa Downey off a headed rebound from a free kick in the 18th minute. Following this score, SHU sophomore goalkeeper Laura Dramis got her first taste of collegiate action in the net, and managed three saves while also conceding three goals during her 72 minutes of play. Senior Amanda Gulli had the lone shot on goal for the Hall and extended her streak to five matches with a shot on target. The Hoyas piled on the goals in the second half, as Downey completed a hat trick by capitalizing on another free kick opportunity and cleaning up a short corner kick from in the area. Fellow Hoya Grace Damaska slotted the final goal for Georgetown in the 69th minute on an assist from Rachel Corboz. Seton Hall will look to recover from the tough loss when the team returns home on Sunday, Oct. 25 against the Providence Friars.   Kyle Kasharian can be reached at kyle.kasharian@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @ItsKyleKash