Pirates Cross Country finishes third in the Monmouth Kick-Off

[caption id="attachment_10719" align="alignright" width="494"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption] The Seton Hall men’s and women’s cross country teams opened the season with third place finishes at the Monmouth XC Kick-Off. The men had seven runners in the top 20 and were led by sophomores Bryant Cordova and Louis Bustamante, who finished 11th and 12th, respectively. Bryant was the first Pirate to finish with a time of 19:44.61 and Cordova wasn’t far behind, crossing the finish line at 19:45.15 in the 6K race. Finishing third for the Pirates was sophomore Jeff Larson posting a time of 19:47.82, placing 14th overall. Rounding out the scoring group for the Pirates were junior Sean Kip and sophomore Jake Simon, finishing 16th and 17th, respectively. The host Monmouth team placed first at the event and was led by senior Graham Huggins-Filozof who finished fourth with a time of 19:37.79. Leading the women was senior Amanda Quaglia placing 11th with a time of 15:19.23 in the 4K race. The other Pirate finish in the top 20 was freshman Kiley Britten. In her first race for the Blue and White, Britten finished with a time of 15:45.99 and placed 16th in the event. Junior Desyre Blackburn and sophomore Bailey Seach finished 21st and 22nd, respectively. Blackburn posted a time 16:03.41 and Seach finished with a time of 16:03.71. Sophomore Emily Johnson was the last to score for the Pirates, finishing 26th with a time of 16:18.00. Monmouth claimed the team title with four runners in the top five. Monmouth senior Jenna Cupp grabbed the individual title with a time of 14:37.87. The Pirates’ next race will be the Delaware Invitational on Saturday, September 12 at 10 a.m. Javon Glenn can be reached at javon.glenn@student.shu.edu or on twitter @javong25. For complete coverage of Seton Hall athletics, follow @setoniansports.