Pirates Cha shoots 4-under 67 in first round of Navy Fall Classic

[caption id="attachment_10850" align="alignnone" width="615"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption]   The Seton Hall men’s golf team started the first round at the Naval Academy, in Annapolis, Maryland, on Sunday. With schools like Delaware, St. Joseph’s, Princeton, LeMoyne, Georgetown, George Mason and the host Navy in play, the 2015 Navy Fall Classic is set to be a platform for golfers to showcase their skills this season. Pirates senior David Cha did just that in the opening round, shooting 4-under-par, 67, which is good enough to have him tied for the lead in the tournament. His score of 67 also represents the lowest of his time while at Seton Hall, and the first sub-par round of his career, as well. As a team, the Pirates are in third place overall, trailing Princeton and Georgetown by six strokes and two strokes, respectively. Other notable performers include senior Ryan Snouffer, who is tied for fifth place in the individual standings, with a score of 1-under-par, 70. That is his 10th sub-par round of his career, which ties him for seventh overall in Seton Hall history. Junior Lloyd Jefferson Go finished with an even par, 71 on the day, leaving him tied in 11th place on the leaderboard. Cha is chasing his first individual win of his career as play continues on Monday, Sept. 14th, for the second and final round in the 2015 Navy Fall Classic.   Joe McManus can be reached at joseph.mcmanus@student.shu.edu