Men's golf shoots to fifth-place at the Hartford Hawks Invitational

[caption id="attachment_11033" align="alignnone" width="660"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption]   Lloyd Jefferson Go led the men’s golf team to a fifth-place finish at the Hartford Hawks Invitational on Tuesday. Go shot 6-under-par, 210, and finished tied for fourth in the field. The fourth-place finish is the highest that Go has placed this year and his third top-10 finish of the season. Senior Ryan Snouffer scored a 6-over-par, 222, finishing tied for 26th place. At the end of first two rounds of play, Snouffer shot a 6-under-par and was in eighth place. In the third round, however, the senior shot 10-over-par and dropped nearly 20 spots. Finishing with the same score as Snouffer was senior David Cha. In the third round, Cha improved on his two round score by one stroke. The Pirates started the third round in third place, but slid to fifth among 20 teams. The Blue and White finished with a 7-over-par, shooting an 871. Winning the team title was Connecticut, a team that finished with an 11-under-par, 853. The Huskies had three golfers in the top 10 and were led by junior Eric Dietrich, who finished second in the field shooting a 8-under-par, 209. Taking the individual title was Kyle Buschmann from Bryant University. The senior shot 10-under-par and led his team to a fourth-place finish. Senior Cory Wilson and freshman Chris Yeom finished tied for 39th place and shot a 10-over-par, 226. Freshman Gen Nagai shot an 18-over-par, 234, which was tied for 70th place. The Pirates will play in the Wolfpack Fall Intercollegiate on Monday, Oct. 5 in Raleigh, N.C. Javon Glenn can be reached at javon.glenn@student.shu.edu or on twitter @javong25. For complete coverage of Seton Hall athletics, follow @setoniansports.