Cha's strong play boosts Pirates to third place finish at Navy Fall Classic

[caption id="attachment_10864" align="alignnone" width="610"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption] The Seton Hall men’s golf team concluded play at the 2015 Navy Fall Classic on Monday, finishing third in a 10-team field behind tournament winner Princeton and runner-up Georgetown. The two-day tournament was highlighted by the performances of senior David Cha and junior Lloyd Jefferson Go. Both players scored a 1-under-par, 70, on Monday to guide the Pirates to a top-three finish in their second tournament of the year. Cha played the best golf of his Seton Hall career. His 5-under-par, 67-70-137, landed him in third place amongst individual performers. Prior to this tournament, Cha had never registered a sub-par round in his collegiate career.  He also found himself in the Seton Hall record book, as his performance was the lowest par-71, two-round score in team history. Go continued to positively contribute for the blue and white. The junior added on his fifth sub-par finish of his career with a 1-under-par, 71-70-141, which was good for a share of eighth place. Go currently ranks third all-time in Seton Hall history with five sub-par finishes. The Pirates collectively registered a 7-over-par with a 286-289-575, 15 behind the Princeton and eight behind conference rival Georgetown for the tournament. Also competing for the Hall was Ryan Snouffer, who scored a 3-over-par, 70-75-145. Gen Nagai added a 10-over par, 78-74-152. Freshman Kevin Sanislo record an 18-over par, 79-81-160 to round out the Seton Hall competitors. In addition to Seton Hal, the field included host Navy, tournament winner Princeton, Georgetown, George Mason, Delaware, St. Joseph’s, and LeMoyne. The tournament was played at the Naval Academy’s U.S. Naval Academy Golf Club, an 18-hole, 6,611-yard, 71-par course. Next up for Seton Hall is the Hartford Hawks Invitational in South Kent, Connecticut. The first two rounds begin on Monday, Sept. 21. Matt Zeigafuse can be reached at matthew.zeigafuse@student.shu.edu or on twitter @mattzeigafuse