Women’s golf finishes 17th at Raleigh Regional as season comes to a close

[caption id="attachment_10257" align="aligncenter" width="687"]Seton hall Athletics Seton hall Athletics[/caption] The Seton Hall women’s golf team finished their spring season with a 17th-place finish at the 2015 NCAA Raleigh Regional on Saturday, completing a memorable year. Ali Kruse and Erin McClure wrapped up their Seton Hall careers, which included consecutive Big East championships, with 7-over-par 79s at the final round of the event. The women’s golf program was able to make huge strides because of their success. For the regional, Kruse shot a 17-over par, 75-79-79-233, and finished her career with another solid and consistent performance. Meanwhile, McClure shot a 21-over-par, 78-79-80-237, including five pars during the final round. As a team, Seton Hall improved by seven strokes in Round 3 compared to the second round and finished the tournament with a 74-over-par, 309-318-311-938. The Hall finished ahead of fellow New Jersey school Fairleigh Dickinson by 48 strokes and trailed 16th-place Wichita State by just eight strokes. Megan Tenhundfeld led the charge during the final round with a 3-over-par, 75, and finished the regional with a 21-over-par, 82-80-75-237. As two great golfers leave, the Pirates can certainly look at a performance like this one from a junior and see that the future of women’s golf is bright for the Blue and White. Also finishing with a solid score was Karlie Zabrosky, who had a 20-over-par, 77-80-79-236, as she completed her campaign with good numbers. Freshman Cassie Pantelas completed the tournament with a 23-over-par, 79-82-78-239, including a solid six-over final round to finish her season on a high note. The Big East champion women’s golf team completed another great season and will look to achieve even more next year. This team will lose some talented golfers, but certainly has a crop of younger players who are ready to fill the void next season. Seton Hall women’s golf will begin defending their conference title in the fall of 2015.