SAB’s Spring Fling Carnival travels to space

[caption id="attachment_10076" align="alignnone" width="225"]Photo courtesy of Ellen Juracek Photo courtesy of Ellen Juracek[/caption] The Student Activities Board (SAB) will host its annual Spring Fling Carnival this Saturday, May 2 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the University Green. According to Ellen Juracek, the SAB event planner and sophomore marketing major, the event is space themed. “The first 500 people will receive a free space-themed tank top,” Juracek said. In addition, the carnival will feature food and attractions that will be located on both the University Green and Galleon Lawn. According to Juracek, student favorites like the moon bounce and rock wall will return this year.   University organizations will also have stations set up on the University Green during the carnival. “Organizations and clubs are able to table at the event and promote themselves,” Juracek said.   In an email interview, Juracek also revealed that SAB anticipates that 2,000 people will turn out for the event this year, based on the turn outs from previous years. “In years past, we have had several hundred people attend,” Juracek said. “We look forward to seeing a similar turnout this year.”   According to Juracek, the planning process for the carnival began in January. “Elements were finalized gradually throughout the semester,” said Juracek. “Some things, like deciding which rides to have, have to be done a few months in advance so that we can guarantee having them. Other things, like the tank tops and food orders, only need to be done a few weeks in advance.”   For more information about the event, visit the SAB Spring Fling Carnival page on Facebook. Rachel Hassett can be reached at rachel.hassett@student.shu.edu.