Men’s golf places fourth at Patriot Intercollegiate

The Pirates’ men’s golf wrapped up play in Lorton, Va., this weekend at the Patriot Intercollegiate. The blue and white were held to fourth place behind James Madison, Marshall, and Missouri University.

Shupirates.com

The par-71 course was challenging for the Hall as they trailed collectively 14 strokes behind the leader Missouri. Senior JT Harper had a stellar first round, along with sophomore Kevin O’Brien the two each shot 1-under-par, 70. Harper would repeat this performance in the third round to lead the team with an overall 1-over-par, 70-74-70-214, to tie for 9th place.

This was the second straight top-10 placement for the senior.

Sophomore Lloyd Jefferson Go finished the third round shooting an impressive 2-under-par, 69. Go would tie for 11th place as he finished the tournament shooting a 2-over-par with a 75-71-69-215.

O’Brein returned to the tournament in the third round to shoot just 4-over-par and finish 19-over-par with a 79-77-76-232.

It was junior Ryan Snouffer who would lead the boards in the second round shooting a 2-under-par, 69 for the Pirates to keep them in the running heading into the final 18 holes. Snouffer would finish the tournament 3-over-par with a 75-69-72-216.

Individually, junior Cory Wilson tied for 25th place out of the 104 golfers participating, shooting par in the third round and finishing with a 6-over-par, 79-77-76-232.

The Patriot Intercollegiate was hosted by George Mason University in the Laurel Hills Golf Club. The third annual play included Seton Hall, George Mason, Binghamton, Delaware, Drexel, Fairleigh Dickinson, George Washington, IUP, James Madison, La Salle, Longwood, Marshall, Missouri, Saint Joseph’s, Saint Thomas Aquinas, Villanova, and Wagner.

The Wolfpack Intercollegiate in Raleigh, N.C. will be the Pirates next challenge where they will play the first and second round on Oct. 6th and the third and final round on Oct. 7th.

Rene Pereira can be reached at rene.pereira@student.shu.edu or on twitter @ReneRene24.