Greek unity plan for Ora a great first step

The plan by Housing and Residence Life to provide designated Greek Life space in Ora Manor will be part of many improvements coming to Greek Life at Seton Hall.

This can serve as inspiration for other groups to live and study together and encourage new kinds of friendships at SHU.

The opportunities to live near one another, display organization letters on doors and participate in leadership skill building are stepping stones for other groups at SHU to do the same.

Nearby schools have classic Greek Rows, where a block or more of the surrounding college town is dedicated to Greek housing. These houses are famously large and proudly display the organization's letters.

Since Seton Hall cannot do the same, this is a good way to build community, especially on a residence hall floor.

This is one of the most important by the University to celebrate Greek Life and promote Greek unity.

It is not that the school tries to hide its Greek organizations, but this is a noncompetitive way to bring Greeks together to celebrate their combining factor.

This seems to be the largest effort to create com- munity cohesion since the Sophomore Discovery Program.

Housing made a large effort last year to get Living and Learning communities started. Honors and Business leadership students often share a residence hall floor as well.

Now that this community has been organized, it should encourage other groups of students with similar interests to follow suit.

The effort and hard work it takes to create a community is worth it for the new relationships one could form.