Don't let snow day backup get worse over spring break

Spring cleaning is just around the corner.

So is a well-deserved break from classes and University activities.

However, in your spare time you should spring clean your pile of homework and projects.

It is important to stay focused and not procrastinate over any break from school.

It is also just important to have fun and relax.

With the plentiful snow days that caused school closures and more snow possibly on the way at the top of next week, many class syllabi have changed drastically and assignments have been moved around.

Students have expressed feeling stressed out from the snow days and several lament the possibility of one next week, with rumors of another huge storm ahead.

While spring break is a perfect time to take a breather, this break is probably best suited for playing catch-up academically and preparing ahead on as many assignments as possible to get back into the groove of having work to do.

Some mid-term exams and papers will have passed before break, but some have been delayed until just after.

After being here for more than one semester, you'll notice that the weeks after mid-terms are more of a sprint than a walk in the park.

There is always a time for work and a time for play, but we should all consider a little more work during this break to make up for the snow.

It's important to catch up on any work you may have to do to relieve the possibility of incoming stress. Taking a day or two over spring break to work from home will replace several hours of worrying in the library when you get back to campus.