PR majors take LEAP against bullying

Seton Hall has entered the National Bateman Case Study Competition for public relations majors, and with this year's focus is on the prevention of bullying.

Senior Sabrina Browne said she is working on a team with three other students, called "HallStars."

"My team and I created 'LEAP' on Bullying, an anti-bullying program that stands for lead, educate, act and prevent," Browne said.

She said that she and the other students have teamed up with the Boys and Girls Club of Newark to educate young people on anti-bullying.

According to Browne, the team will educate through "fun and engaging activities."

"The anti-bullying programs are a mixture of demonstrative, interactive and written," Browne said. "They are designed for children of all ages and will give them the tools to prevent bullying and stop bullying when it happens."

Browne added that LEAP has been recognized by some prominent people.

"The program has already received attention on Twitter from Newark Mayor Cory Booker and Giants players Justin Tuck and Steve Weatherford," Browne said.

According to Browne, this past week has been anti-bullying week at the Boys and Girls Club of Newark and will conclude with an overall Bullying Day on Saturday.

Lindsay Rittenhouse can be reached at lindsay.rittenhouse@student.shu.edu.