Ke$ha's new single might not save her from becoming one-hit wonder

KeSha's recent hit, "Die Young," has caught the attention of many pop fans, but with her recent musical hiatus and her lack of originality, Ke$ha's comeback is highly unlikely.

"Die Young" is resonating in those who like dance music. The catchy melody and pop beats are making this song a relatively big success.

"'Die Young' is awesome!" freshman Alvin Ogalla said. "I love dance music so I love 'Die Young' without a doubt." The question becomes "Will Ke$ha make a comeback? Or is she simply a one-hit wonder?"

"I am in love with her new song; it always puts me in a good mood," sophomore Brenna Fleis said. "I listen to it on repeat. But I've honestly never really enjoyed Ke$ha's music; I'd never buy her albums. I think she's a one-hit wonder kind of gal."

While her recent song is a hit, the possibility of her making a comeback isn't that great. The auto-tune infused hits Ke$ha is known for aren't particularly original, but they serve as good dance music. So what about her? Is her personality hindering a comeback?

"I liked some of her songs for the beat, but as a person she seems like kind of a mess," freshman Leigh Ann Fedkenheuer said. "Not the best role model. But to be honest, I love 'Die Young.' It's a lot of fun to sing to."

"Die Young" is an absolutely catchy, dance-friendly hit. However, expecting more from Ke$ha may disappoint. It isn't likely that Ke$ha will have more success in the near future, so she may really live up to the label of "one-hit wonder."

Samantha Giedris can be reached at Samantha.giedris@student.shu.edu.