Seton Hall is now running on Dunkin'

Just off the second floor promenade at the Walsh library sits one of Seton Hall's tastiest new arrivals on campus.

On August 22, as the gates of Seton Hall University opened, so did the doors of the on-campus Dunkin Donuts.

From day one Dunkin became an instant campus hot spot as students flocked from all over to grab some iced coffee, or just hang out with friends.

The dining establishment offers a full menu of breakfast sandwiches, baked goods, and coffee beverages.

It's not only popular for breakfast. Students snack at Dunkin late into the night.

It's even become a popular meeting site for class projects and study sessions.

"The Walsh Library location has been a resounding success since it opened... it has remained busy consistently averaging around 1,500 sales per day" Director of Business Affairs, Theresa L. Deehan said.

Freshman Jenna Zeidan said the late hours provide a fun atmosphere for students to talk into the night.

"People go there a lot after they go out," Zeidan said. She reported visiting the Dunkin Donuts three times since the start of the school year.

"It's nice, it's a good type of crowded," freshmen Chloe Mullen said.

Deehan said as students adapt to their schedules different times may become more popular than just in the morning to get coffee, for example, late at night when students study for exams.

"It is also expected that different times of the semester will result in different times being more popular, and that as the semester progresses, that more students will take advantage of the 24-hour service offered during the week" Deehan said.

Freshman Rhiannon Ohnstad said the store is always full of students, and is a popular option during the closed hours of the cafeteria.

"You think that no one is on campus, then you go in Dunkin Donuts and everyone is in there," Ohnstad said.

Mullen said for anyone looking to try a new beverage at Dunkin Donuts should check out the "Ice Caramel Latte."

"I use it more for coffee when I don't feel like making my own" Mullen said.

"The Seton Hall Blue doughnut has been very popular and is currently the biggest-selling donut," Deehan said.

According to Deehan, as the season progresses other items on the menu will likely rise in the ranks, too.

Didn't grab a free cup of coffee on the first day of school? Don't worry. "Seton Hall University and Gourmet Dining Service continue to work closely together to develop new and innovative marketing and promotional plans," Deehan said.

According to Deehan, Dunkin plans on passing out coupons at the Involvement Fair on September 6.

Dunkin Donuts is located on the second floor of the Walsh Library. It opens 5am Monday and runs 24-hours of full service on weekdays. On weekends it opens on 11am Saturday to 1am Sunday, and then 11am Sunday onto 1 am Monday.

Mary Marshall can be reached at mary.marshall@student.shu.edu