Your journey begins now: A note from SGA President Joseph Donato

My Fellow Pirates,

Welcome to Seton Hall University! I would like to congratulate you on reaching another milestone of your academic career. You are about to embark upon a great journey which will undoubtedly leave you with some of the happiest years of your life. This journey demands great sacrifice and persever­ance but promises great rewards and success. Over the next four years you will discover who you are, your passions and how you can make a difference in the world.

This is a new and exciting time for you. At this moment you can be anything you dream. Some of you may be apprehensive about entering a new en­vironment, choosing a major or moving away from home for the first time. I can sympathize because I was there; I sat in the very same seat you are in now. I guarantee you, however, that in the blink of any eye you will build strong friendships, find your niche and feel at home. There may be moments of trial along the way but let not your heart be troubled, the Seton Hall community will always be there to ensure your success. There are hundreds of dedi­cated faculty, staff and students here to help you, guide you and serve as a base of support, but you must reach out to them.

Seton Hall prides itself on providing a home for the heart, the mind and the spirit. This university has so much to offer from dozens of academic programs, extra-curricular activities, service or­ganizations and internships. Do the right thing, stay focused, follow the golden rule and take ad­vantage of every opportunity this university pro­vides, and there are many. This will prove to be a truly remarkable journey, and I trust you will be a great addition to the Seton Hall community. Stop by the Student Government Office any time if you want to get involved or simply have a talk. Your Student Government Association exists for you, the students. Go Pirates!