SHU's face lift will better campus life

As reported on the front page of The Setonian this week, the University is planning campus-wide renovations that would improve on-campus liv­ing and recreation services. Among these planned improvements are the anticipated addition of a Dunkin' Donuts in Walsh Library and massive im­provements to the Richie Regan Athletic Center.

It is refreshing to see the University taking steps to improve the on-campus facilities, particularly the residence halls. After the previous additions to halls like Cabrini, the standard of living for stu­dents at Seton Hall will undoubtedly improve.

The Setonian is particularly impressed to see such ambitious plans made for the rec center - a space frequented by students on a daily basis. The addi­tion of increased athletic equipment and new floor­ing in the fieldhouse will provide the community with new, state-of-the-art facilities. The recreation facilities are already impressive and offer members of the community a variety of options, so additions and improvements that are exciting developments.

In addition, the previously reported addition of a Dunkin' Donuts, open 24/5 in Walsh Library, will likely be the most exciting development for mem­bers of the community. It is likely that the campus will find a new "hot-spot" for students, faculty and staff to frequent, and the possibility of additional accommodations being made in the form of out­door seating is something to look forward to.

While the University will enter a period of transi­tion, between old buildings coming down as they are replaced with newer, more modern facilities, it is important to remember that the University is taking the necessary steps to better the campus and the lives of all members of the SHU community.