Verbal commitment: Grennan's in

Kevin Willard has added one more to his first recruiting class at Seton Hall.

Sean Grennan, a 6-foot-2, 170-pound point guard from Toms River N.J., has verbally committed for the 2011-2012 basketball season, as reported by zagblog.com and NJhoops.com.

In his senior year at Monsignor Donovan High School, Grennan is averaging 19 points, five assists and four rebounds, according to NJ.com.

Grennan, a first team All-Ocean County performer, is known for his passing and accurate shooting, also noted by NJ.com.

In a post-game interview on NJhoops.com, Grennan mentioned as a sophomore, he received letters from Davidson, as well as Big East opponents Cincinnati and Notre Dame.

Grennan initially committed to Davidson in Charlotte, NC this summer. Davidson's offer was repealed because his grades were not up to standard.

Joe Fagan, Grennan's coach with the New Jersey Shore Shots, said Grennan exemplifies smart play on the court.

"Sean is a high IQ guy," Fagan said according to zagsblog.com. "He really knows the game, really understands how to play. He's a multi-skilled guy who can shoot and pass the ball."

Other schools in the recruiting picture were Fordham, La Salle and Saint Louis.

NJ.com also reported that Massachusetts, Michigan, Tulane, Vermont and Marquette were also involved.

With the verbal commitment, Grennan will join Aaron Cosby, Haralds Karlis and Freddie Wilson, who have all signed national letters of intent to play basketball for the Pirates.

Karlis, Williard's third Canarias Basketball Academy (CBA) recruit following freshmen forwards Patrik Auda and Aaron Geramipoor was seen in attendance at the Pirates' game against the Providence Friars on Sunday at the Prudential Center.

Krissy Wrobel can be reached at kristine.wrobel@student.shu.edu.