Hoyas take out Hazell, Pirates

Holding guard Jeremy Hazell to 17 points – more specifically on 3-9 shooting from behind the arc – was the first game-changing factor.

Keeping forward Herb Pope relatively quiet all night en route to a foul-out was the second.

With the game plan seemingly working, No. 11 Georgetown played a sound 40 minutes of basketball to defeat the men's basketball team 85-73 on Thursday night in Washington, D.C.

Seton Hall now stands 10-6, a dismal mark after starting the season on an eight-game winning streak. Meanwhile, the Pirates are currently 13th in the Big East, sitting only above programs that have not won a conference game this year.

Four of the five Hoya starters scored in double figures, including guards Chris Wright and Jason Clark with 21 and 20 points, respectively. Georgetown as a unit shot just under 70 percent from the field all game, whereas the Hall could only counter with a 42.9 percent effort offensively.

Forward Jeff Robinson scored 10 points off the bench for Seton Hall, the team's second-leading scorer behind Hazell in the game. Pope was held to six points and 10 rebounds while forward Robert Mitchell added eight points.

Seton Hall will next take the court on Thursday night for a home matchup with Louisville at Prudential Center.

Brian Wisowaty can be reached at brian.wisowaty@student.shu.edu.