Lawrence to make Pirate debut against Temple

The Seton Hall Athletic's Department announced today that suspended junior guard Keon Lawrence will return to the team for their Dec. 19 matchup against Temple.

In a statement released by Athletics, Lawrence will return to action once the fall semester comes to a close.

Lawrence was initially suspended on Nov. 9 for his role in a two-vehicle car accident on Nov. 8 on the Garden State Parkway.

Initial reports stated that Lawrence was driving under the influence of alcohol, however in a report from Adam Zagoria, author of zagsblog.com, he states that his sources claim that the BAC test taken at Robert Wood JohZson Medical Center on the morning of the accident proved that his BAC level was below the legal limit.

"Mr. Lawrence is also subject to an external legal process, which will determine the outcome of the motor vehicle citations he received," said Law School Dean Patrick E. Hobbs, who is overseeing the Department of Athletics this year. "Athletics Director Joe Quinlan and I have decided to allow Mr. Lawrence to return to the men's basketball team. Upon the conclusion of the external legal process, the University will decide whether any additional sanction is required."

Men's basketball head coach Bobby Gonzalez is still unhappy with Lawrence's decision making and lack of judgement.

"He has let a lot of people down, but it's also important to note that he is filled with regret and remorse," Gonzalez said. "He is still a part of our family and I hope in time we can all heal from this."

Lawrence will join fellow transfer Jeff Robinson, who is also making his Pirates' debut on Dec. 19 against Temple.

Tim LeCras can be reached at timothy.lecras@student.shu.edu.