Bye bye, Brandon

The transfer wire continues to be an underlying theme of recent Seton Hall basketball teams.

Forward Brandon Walters is the next to leave the Pirates for transfer opportunities, according to an announcement on Friday from head coach Bobby Gonzalez.

Walters departs the Hall with averages of 1.5 points per game and 1.6 rebounds per game. He played in roughly eight minutes during each of his 41 games with the team.

Career-highs for the forward include eight points at Notre Dame and eight rebounds at Louisville, both during last season.

Lincoln High School coach Dwayne Morton told local college basketball blogger Adam Zagoria that Walters has heard from Manhattan and Hofstra as possible suitors for his two years of remaining eligibility. As per NCAA rules, he will need to sit out next season.

Zagoria also reports that Walters has been linked with Siena, a visit already scheduled between the two.

"By transferring, he'll have a greater opportunity to see an increase in playing time," Gonzalez said.

UPDATE:

According to Zagsblog.com, Walters has decided to transfer to Siena.

"I like the coaching staff. They're very good people. I feel like I can trust them my next three years as a player. I just want to help the team win," Walters said in a phone interview for the website.

Brian Wisowaty can be reached at brian.wisowaty@student.shu.edu.