Scouting Seton Hall commit Jahari Long

Seton Hall added the second member of its 2020 class over the weekend, as Episcopal (TX) point guard Jahari Long followed in Dimingus Stevens' footsteps and committed to the Pirates.

Let's learn a little more about Seton Hall's newest commit.

Name: Jahari Long

Position: Point Guard

Height: 6-foot-2

Weight: 165 pounds

247Sports Industry Generated Composite Rank: 3 stars, 0.8864 rating, No. 212 nationally, No. 39 point guard, No. 13 Texas

Other Offers: Minnesota, Louisiana Tech, Rice, TCU, VCU, Wichita State

AAU Affiliate: Cooz Elite

Highlights:

Recruitment: Long committed to Seton Hall over Minnesota and TCU, the two schools he was in touch with most recently. The Texas native took his official visit to Seton Hall in late May.

Scouting Report: Long is an ideal recruit in the sense that his game is getting better with each passing day. His court vision and defense are already top-notch, which bodes well for his development at Seton Hall.

Long is also athletic and long. He plays fast and hard on both ends of the floor and his motor never turns off. Long is also somewhat surprisingly a willing rebounder. Despite his 6-foot-2, 165-pound frame, he's not afraid to mix it up down low and fight for a board. He'll have to bulk up a bit once he gets to South Orange, but Long is certainly trending in the right direction.

Overall Analysis: Throughout the summer, Long has been rising up rankings and recruiting boards all across the country. He's going to keep getting better and by the end of it all, I expect him to be a very good player for the Pirates.

Some Seton Hall fans might strongly disagree with this, but I believe Long is a better fit than Posh Alexander would've been. The Pirates need a true point guard running the show and Long is that guy. Alexander is more of a combo guard who isn't exactly known for playing stout defense. With Kevin Willard, if you don't defend, you don't play. Long never takes a play off defensively and has a bulldog mentality. He could become one of Willard's favorite players early on in his college career because of that.

Before it's all said and done, Long has a very good chance to become a consensus four-star recruit and top 100-125 player. You can question whether or not he was worth taking over Noah Farrakhan or Alexander all you want, but Seton Hall is getting a very good player whom the staff made a priority after his official visit.

Tyler Calvaruso can be reached at tyler.calvaruso@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @tyler_calvaruso.