Richardson-Smith, Richardson receive All-Met honors

[caption id="attachment_14077" align="alignnone" width="838"]Joey Khan/Photography Editor Joey Khan/Photography Editor[/caption] Seton Hall women’s basketball senior Tabatha Richardson-Smith and graduate student Shakena Richardson have been named to the Metropolitan Basketball Writers Association (MBWA) All-Met Division I First and Third teams, respectively, after having dazzling seasons for the Pirates. Richardson-Smith earned herself a spot on the First Team after her historic final season as a Pirate. She set the Seton Hall all-time scoring record with her career-finish of 1,925 points. She also became the first player at SHU to lead the Big East in points per conference game with 21.7. In addition, the Texas native climbed atop Seton Hall’s all-time three-point field goal list, ending her tenure in South Orange with 272.
It is Richardson-Smith’s second straight season earning an All-Met honor, as she landed a spot on the Second Team last year. She also earned Player of the Week honors from the MBWA on Jan. 19 and Jan. 26.
Richardson was named to the All-Met Third Team after her standout, standalone season with Seton Hall. Her first year as a Pirate included an All-Big East Honorable Mention after ranking sec- ond in the conference and in the nation’s top-30 with 5.6 assists per game. She was also a key member of the team’s defense and led the Pirates in steals with 47 while topping the Big East with 1.6 per game.   Olivia Mulvihill can be reached at Olivia.Mulvihill@ student.shu.edu or on Twitter @OliviaMulvihill.