Brother Philip leads students on spiritual journey to Poland

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="401"] pexels.com[/caption] The Dec. 13 deadline to sign up for the spiritual and cultural summer 2016 trip to Poland is quickly approaching for students interested in embarking on the journey. The trip, taking place from July 17-Aug. 2 will include opportunities to see the Auschwitz concentration campus and attend the World Youth Festival. A similar spiritual 10 day trip was taken by 12 Seton Hall students and three campus ministers from May 23- June 2 in the Denver, Colo. area; it was a time of adventure for students and the campus ministers who attended the Colorado Spirit Trek trip. Led by Brother Philip Suelzer, Sister Agatha Smoron, and Father Francis Nekrosius, students focused on strengthening their faith through prayer and quiet moments of reflection by attending mass and prayer nights. Students also had a chance to interact with the local Denver community by visiting Assumption Catholic School for children in grades K-8. Kristen Lynch, junior English and theology double major, recalled working with the children. “They really gave us insight into the happiness and strong faith that can be found even in kids who are so young. We learned so much from their example.” Students also got to spend time with the homeless of downtown Denver for two days with the Christ in the City organization. “We got to work with a group of people a part of Christ in the City, who look to support and minister to the homeless,” Suelzer said. “It was great how we got the chance to talk directly to the homeless and get to know them.” Nicole Archibald, junior accounting major, said her overall experience was rewarding and impactful. “Everyone on the trip inspired me to further my prayer life, and I left with a renewed understanding of following God’s will,” Archibald said. The trip was open to all students in any major and made possible through Seton Hall contributing sponsors which included Center for Vocation & Student Leadership, Priest’s Society, and Center for Catholic Studies. Levana Rajasingham can be reached at levana.rajashingham@ student.shu.edu