We all know that #thestruggleisreal when it comes to waiting for your wardrobe to finish in the spin cycle.
It could take 30 minutes to an hour just to get your favorite pair of jeans out of the wash. So here are 20 fun things could you do while waiting for your perfect going-out outfit to be cleaned:
1. Catch up on your favorite Netflix guilty pleasure. The next episode of “Scandal” and “Orange is the New Black” is just calling your name.
2. Organize your dorm! Tidy up and neatly put away your things for more mental clarity.
3. Check your social media feeds. It’s hard to stay up-to-date with so much homework and studying to do, so take advantage of this time to see what’s going on with your followers.
4. Meet your neighbors. Why not head over to the dorm next door and introduce yourself?
5. Go to the cove and grab your go-to Starbucks drink, like a Caramel Macchiato or a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
6. Get a head start on your homework to stay ahead of the game.
7. Take a walk around campus alone or with a friend to get some fresh air.
8. Head down to the green where there is always something going on whether it’s free food or a club sign-up.
9. Decorate your dorm. Go on Pinterest to find cute and easy-tomake fall door décor that will help pass the time.
10. Finish a movie that you may have started and never gotten around to watch the ending.
11. Call up an old high school friend or even your parents. It’s the perfect time killer.
12. Check out the Buzzfeed website. Buzzfeed has everything from politics to cute cat videos to irreverent quizzes that will definitely make the time go by quickly.
13. Clean out your phone. We all dread that evil “storage is almost full” notification, so transfer your pictures on your laptop or delete some old screenshots.
14. Invite a friend over to your dorm. Company helps time go by faster.
15. Inversely, visit a friend in their dorm.
16. Do some online shopping.
17. Start to map out your course registration for the next semester.
18. Listen to your favorite Pandora radio. Music helps to relax you and puts you in a good mood.
19. Read a new book! The library’s “take one, leave one” table of used books is the fastest way to find a new, great read.
20. And finally, hang around the laundry room and make new friends. You never know what you have in common with someone else.
Gianna Barone can be reached at email@example.com.