Greek week exceeds expectations

[caption id="attachment_9969" align="alignnone" width="300"]Amanda Boyer/Photography Editor Amanda Boyer/Photography Editor[/caption] Greek Week was in full swing last week as Greek organizations took part in a fun and friendly competition against one another to promote Greek unity and raise money for philanthropy. “This year we raised over $800 for just one of our events for Relay,” said Brianna Monti, Delta Phi Epsilon member and a senior chemistry major. “Greek organizations have shown huge support for (Relay for Life) over the last few years.” The week consisted of events such as penny wars, a talent show and Family Feud. The organizations were split up into four teams. Team one consisted of Delta Phi Epsilon, Zeta Psi, Phi Beta Sigma and Mu Sigma Upsilon. Team two consisted of Alpha Omicron Pi, Alpha Chi Rho, Psi Sigma Phi, Omega Phi Chi and Chi Upsilon Sigma. Team three consisted of Alpha Gamma Delta, Alpha Sigma Phi, Lambda Theta Phi and Alpha Delta Chi. Team four consisted of Alpha Phi, Phi Kappa Theta, Lambda Tau Omega and Zeta Phi Beta. Team five consisted of Alpha Sigma Tau, Sigma Pi, Alpha Kappa Alpha and Lambda Theta Alpha. Team three took home the bragging rights as overall winners of Greek Week, winning both Greek Seasons and Greek Goddess. Team two won the talent show, Greek God and Penny Wars and team four was victorious in kickball and Family Feud. Julia Mullaney can be reached at julia.mullaney@student.shu.edu.