Living the dream

Senior Louis Mitchell was given the opportunity to combine a fun and informative experience into his internship, a college student's dream.

Mitchell, who had never travelled outside the country before, decided to try something new.

He booked a 35 day trip around Europe with EF College Break, a travel agency that caters specifically to college students.

"I have so many memories from my 6 trips with EF College Break in the last 20 months," Mitchell said. "I have been to 37 cities in Europe and will continue to count. I have made some of the best friends of my life on tour. My first trip, the 35-day tour, I traveled solo and it was one of my best decisions."

As soon as he returned from his first international trip, he decided to apply for an internship with EFCB and was accepted, to his delight.

Currently, Mitchell works as a campus representative for the company.

His job is to reach out to his fellow Seton Hall students and encourage them to experience travel abroad.

He provides students with information about EFCB and answers any questions students may have.

Mitchell strives to share the importance and rewards of world travel to his peers, and so far it looks like he has succeeded.

"I have introduced people to the world. I have booked over 25 people from Seton Hall to travel with EF College Break, and like me, it has changed their lives. I love helping people travel, sharing my stories, showing my pictures, and showing people my age that they too can see the world," he said.

EF College Break offers resources for students who choose to travel with them, including roundtrip flights, daily mail, hotel stays, sightseeing tours, and full-time guides.

For more information, visit efcollegebreak.com.

Mitchell encourages students interested in seeing the world with EF College Break to contact him through email (louis.mitchell@student.shu.edu), phone (732-996-7135), or Facebook (facebook.com/loulou1241991).

Noora Badwan can be reached at noora.badwan@student.shu.edu.