I have class scheduled where?

This semester some students will not have to walk far to get to class, some may even be able to stay in their dorm building.

A few undergraduate and graduate classes are being held in unusual locations this semester due to space constraints resulting from campus construction.

Two classrooms were built in the basement of Boland Hall and the newly acquired building across the street, at 525 South Orange Avenue, is being used for classes this year.

"Every effort was made to maximize instructional space to accommodate the many undergraduate and graduate courses running this semester," University Registrar Mary Ellen Farrell said.

The classrooms in the Boland Hall basement are used for smaller classes, such as freshmen Core classes, and are conveniently located for students who live there. The space is also used for other purposes, according to Farrell.

"The space can also be used in the evening by Housing and Residence Life for programming events," Farrell said.

These classrooms accommodate up to 21 students, according to Laurie Pine, director of media relations for Seton Hall Public Relations and Marketing.

The building across from the main gate houses two art and graphic design classrooms that previously were located in Stafford Hall, which is undergoing extensive renovations. Stafford will keep the original foundation, but will have 12 classrooms that will be able to accommodate class sizes from 25 to 75 students, ac- cording to the Seton Hall website.

The construction is scheduled to be completed in 2014, and the larger facilities will accommodate lecture-size classes, according to Pine.

Farrell said a new classroom was created in the Arts & Sciences building this summer. AS104 was previously used as social work office space but will now be used for language classes.

Jubilee Hall is also housing more classes this year. The larger Introduction to Psychology class, usually scheduled in the building, has increased from three sections last year to five this year. In addition, Introduction to Chemistry and Introduction to Nursing classes are being held in Jubilee too, according to Farrell.

Mary Marshall can be reached at mary.marshall@student.shu.edu.