SHU to receive award from Investors Bank

Seton Hall University will receive an award from Investors Bank for winning the American Heart Association University Challenge on Dec. 8 at Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center.

According to junior, Mona Safar, the student leader for the campus-wide effort, Seton Hall University, along with four other local colleges were invited by Kevin Cummings, President and CEO of Investors Savings Banks of New Jersey (ISBNJ) to participate in a University Challenge to raise money for the Essex County American Heart Association 5K Walk.

The three schools which raised the most money would receive a matching donation from ISBNJ.

"Seton Hall raised $2182, so ISBNJ will give the university a check that matches the amount at the event which will be donated to the American Heart Association," Safar said.

Safar explained that because of their concern that Seton Hall residents would find it difficult to get to Roseland, NJ for the walk, they decided that SHU would raise money for the Essex 5k, but would host a mini walk on campus that was held on October 21.

Safar explained that in order to win the challenge, Seton Hall would have to hold as many different fundraisers as possible because there were only two months to raise money.