Rock and Roll on the Green

For a few hours on Friday, you can go back in time to the 80s and 90s when The Student Activities Board (SAB) hosts "Roller Rink," a retro, old school themed roller skating event from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m on the Green.

To recreate the decades, the best of 80s and 90s music will be played, from The Backstreet Boys to Vanilla Ice. Participants are encouraged to dress up in funky attire such as patterned leggings, big sweatshirts, large scrunchies and anything with bright colors.

Roller skates will be provided for everyone who comes at no cost.

SAB President Alberto Gutiérrez says the group has major event plans for the school year.

"We want to provide students with fun, safe activities to do on campus. Since we are a large commuter school, students who dorm need activities on campus," said Ashley Scotto, the current issues and awareness co-chair. "We are having many different types of events so everyone can be a part of every activity. We want to give students fun things to do on the weekends (sic)."

According the Scotto, the Student Activities Board aims to hold fun, free events on weekends for students to stay on campus, de-stress and have a good time with friends while bonding and meeting with other schoolmates.

In case of rain, the event will be moved indoors in the Bishop Dougherty University Center Main Lounge.

In addition to the roller rink, SAB is also hosting various other events for students this semester including a Murder Mystery dinner and Halloween Dance Party in October.

For a list of other upcoming events check out their website at www.shu.edu/offices/community-development/sab.cfm or call (973)275-2873.

Natalie Negrotti can be reached at Natalie.Negrotti@student.shu.edu