Pair of students robbed at gunpoint outside McNulty Gate

Two Seton Hall students have been robbed at gunpoint just outside campus according to a PirateAlert that was sent out to students at approximately 2:45 a.m.

According to the alert and an email sent to students around 3:30 a.m., the students, a male and female, were robbed sitting at the bus station on South Orange Avenue at approximately 12:38 this morning.

According to the email, two suspects, who were described as black males wearing a white hoodie and a blue or black hoodie, approached the bus stop from the direction of Newark.

"One suspect produced a handgun and demanded the victims' property. The male victim's cellphone and keys and the female victim's ID were taken," the email stated.

According to the email, the suspects then fled on South Orange Avenue towards Newark.

The alert urged students to "avoid the area tonight," to travel in groups when possible and to cooperate in the event of a robbery.

"The value of any property that you may lose in this type of crime is not worth your personal safety," the email said, adding, "When possible, take advantage of University provided transportation or use public transportation to travel about the area."

For the latest information regarding this breaking news story, follow The Setonian's continuing coverage.

Nicholas Parco can be reached at nicholas.parco@student.shu.edu

Caitlin Carroll can be reached at caitlin.carroll@student.shu.edu