Seton Hall welcomes freshmen on Move-In Day

Freshmen officially called Seton Hall their new home last Thursday when they moved into Boland and Aquinas Halls. Peer Advisers, ROTC, and Greek organizations were there to lend a hand to the new students. Freshmen and their families were grateful for the extra help. Ariel Tesafaye, a first year student from Illinois, said that despite all her boxes, moving in was still fun.”It seemed well organized and just flowed easily,” Tesafaye said. “I started out not receiving a lot of help but as people became available a lot of people helped. They were friendly and extremely helpful in making sure my boxes got where they needed to be.”Tesafaye’s only complaint was that some of the volunteers were over-zealous in getting boxes out of the car, sometimes leaving a few.Nakeisha Vanterpool, a freshman from the Bronx, also said that the upperclassmen volunteers were comforting in her first day at the Hall, and that the Residence Life Staff helped her understand dorm policies better.”I thought the move-in process was very easy,” Vanterpool said. “There was a lot of help and they answered all the questions I had about some of the things I had brought for my room. I liked that all of the volunteers were very enthusiastic; that made me feel better about moving away from home.”Melissa Velazquez received most of her help from family. “It was very tiring bringing all of my stuff upstairs because I had a lot of stuff and I’m on the third floor,” Velazquez said. “The move-in staff was very willing to help though.”Velazquez also said that like most freshmen, she was excited about decorating her room and making it her own, but did not enjoy having to take the stairs or wait in the long line of cars before she got to move in. Despite long lines, stairs and the stress of meeting a new person to live with, freshmen were excited to start classes, learn about student life at SHU and become involved on campus.

*All photos by Milan Stanic.