Letter to the Editor: SGA senators reveal their goals for this year

Undergraduates of the College of Arts & Sciences: [caption id="attachment_23693" align="aligncenter" width="496"] Photo obtained from google.com.[/caption] It is our most humble honor to represent you and to provide you a voice among the 2018 - 2019 Student Government Association Senate. You have entrusted to us the responsibility of advocating and resolving issues that you are most concerned with. We do not take this responsibility lightly. As fellow A&S undergraduates and as your peers, we have heard your concerns. Furthermore, we are open to hearing more concerns and ideas you would want us and the SGA as a whole to undertake. Each of us intend to work on the certain ideas and platforms that we brought with us coming into this senate. Some of our projects and initiatives are among, but certainly not limited to the ones listed below: Continuing dialogue to improve the modern languages program. Mediate dialogue on diversity, inclusion, and equality. Ensuring there are enough classes to meet the demands of A&S undergraduates. Utilize polls and focus groups to assess the opinions of A&S undergraduates on certain topics. Discuss plans of having an A&S major-centered career fair. These ideas and goals cannot be accomplished alone. The success of the SGA Senate is dependent on the feedback that the student body provides. Simultaneously, it is necessary for the students and the faculty and administration to have courteous and transparent dialogue that encourage progress throughout the College of Arts and Sciences so that it can truly be a “home for the heart, mind and spirit” that Seton Hall University calls on it to be. Hazard zet forward! Your Arts & Sciences Senators, Arthur Adriano | SHU ’21, Vanessa Colmenares | SHU ‘19, Chelsea Dantas | SHU ’19, Tyler Etwaroo | SHU ‘20, William “Bill” Kuncken | SHU ‘19, Kayla Rivers | SHU ‘21, Adam Varoqua | SHU ‘19