Get to know South Orange

[caption id="attachment_14628" align="aligncenter" width="436"]Photo courtesy of South Orange Village Faceboo Photo courtesy of South Orange Village Faceboo[/caption] The deposit has been made, the tuition check sent in, and freshman orientation has arrived. Now it’s time to get to know Seton Hall University’s campus, as well as the surrounding South Orange community. The community is a vital part in experiencing the fullness of college life and achieving success during one’s academic journey. Learning the best late night pizza place will make South Orange feel like the home away from home that it is. If you are looking to grab a quick bite before class so you can focus on your studies instead of your rumbling stomach, Hot Bagels Abroad, located on South Orange Ave., serves coffee, bagels or an authentic Jersey Taylor ham sandwich. Jessica Scari, a recent SHU graduate, said, “I loved going to Hot Bagels Abroad, they have the best breakfast sandwiches.” Ashley Marketplace and Café, also on South Orange Ave., is another popular hangout which has a fresh juice bar and offers hot meals as well as deli sandwiches. When you have a long week full of exams, the best place to destress and spend time with friends is Bunny’s Sports Bar, located on West South Orange Ave. If you and your friends are looking to fill a craving for sushi go to Harusame Japanese Cuisine, located on Academy Street. Jason Lami, a SHU graduate, said he would always go to Harusame with his friends. “We would always go for the all you can eat sushi,” he added. For a great place to take a study break and grab a slice of pizza, stop by the Village Trattoria, located on South Orange Ave. The Village Tratt is a classic hot spot for SHU students. Keaghlan Brady can be reached at keaghlan.brady@student.shu. edu.