“Stony’s” The Newest Hotspot in Town

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="258"] yelp.com[/caption] Located in the heart of South Orange, is a popular restaurant called Stony’s. With the distance from Seton Hall University to 10 Sloan Street being about a five minute walk, it is no surprise why students choose to go eat at Stony’s more often than most places in South Orange. Stony’s has a relaxing environment where customers can sit outside and enjoy their food with the company of their friends and family. The area is surrounded with a white fence and the greenery of the small trees near each table allow customers to enjoy their meals outside when it gets warm out.   For students who are in a rush and are looking to grab something to before classes or work, they can pick up their food at a counter where they do not have to wait as much. They can also call Stony’s, order their food and wait in the parking lot for employees to bring their order out to them. This restaurant offers certain foods and devotes their focus on cooking food so their customers come back for more. The menu includes a variety of burgers such as the fighter, garden and turkey burger, chicken fingers and sandwiches, hot dogs, wings, and amongst other choices. The prices range from as low as $3.75 to the most expensive meal costing $12.95. Also, sometimes students can buy one meal and get another one for free. Although Stony’s provides customers with a variety of food options, some students feel that there is a place for improvement. Kai Alexander, a junior english major, said that while the food is amazing especially the chicken wings, the prices for her, are slightly high.    Gabrielle Acquaviva, a freshman criminal justice major, said she absolutely loves Stony’s because the food is amazing and cheap. “The atmosphere of the restaurant is upbeat and the employees really care about customer satisfaction,” she added. Hiraldi De La Cruz, a junior economics major, said he finds the food decent, but he is not a fan of the burger because he prefers a burger bun than a roll. Hiraldi added that he dislikes that there is usually no table service. Stony’s is a place for anyone even if they are very busy, trying to save up money or just wanting to have a good time with friends without going too far out of town.               Biljana Simakoska can be reached at biljana.simakoska@student.shu.edu.