Volleyball sweeps Providence as Hansen leads way on Senior Night

[caption id="attachment_12113" align="alignnone" width="660"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption]   The Seton Hall volleyball team swept Providence College in three sets on Saturday at Walsh Gymnasium in the final match of the 2015 season. The Pirates, who finished with a 14-16 overall record, took down the 10-22 Friars in straight sets (25-18, 25-23, 25-22) on Senior Night. Senior Amanda Hansen led the way with 12 kills, adding on to her already impressive career stat line. On Oct. 17, Hansen became just the sixth player in Seton Hall history to record 1,000 career kills. Other seniors on the Pirates’ roster who made an impact in the contest included Sara Connell, who recorded four digs, and Kacey Richards, who recorded two kills and one dig. They leave having contributed to a program that made its first trip to the NCAA Tournament in 2014. Seton Hall came out hot against Providence, using an 8-1 run to kick start a first-set lead that would give the Pirates an advantage early on. From there, they never looked back and took the first set by seven points. The next two sets came with challenges for the Pirates, as the team found itself down to Providence 21-20 late in the second set. However, the Pirates would rally back, with three of their last five points coming off of kills from junior Danielle Schroeder. Schroeder finished the contest with 12 kills. Seton Hall was able to fend off the Friars in the third set, and while the Pirates never led by more than five points, they never surrendered the lead to Providence in the final set. Other impact players for the Hall included junior Tessa Fournier and freshman Miranda Higginbotham, who recorded 15 and nine digs, respectively. Freshman Abby Thelen also added nine kills for the Pirates.   Matt Lamb can be reached at matthew.lamb@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @MattLammo