Cross country teams each finish in last at the Big East Championship

[caption id="attachment_11741" align="alignnone" width="660"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption]   On Halloween, the Seton Hall men’s and women’s cross country teams flew out to Mason, Ohio, to compete in the Big East Championship meet, where both finished in last place. Georgetown came in first during the men’s 8K. The Hoyas only had a total of 33 points and a total of five runners finishing in top 10. Providence came in first place during the women’s 6K. The Friars had a total of 26 points and four of their runners finished in the top 10. For SHU’s men’s team, the standouts during the 8K where sophomores Bryant Cordova and Jeff Larson as well as junior Victor Ricci. Leading the Pirates and coming in 50th place was Cordova, who set a personal record with a time of 25:19.03. Running right next to Cordova and finishing in 51st place was Ricci. The junior for the Pirates has had a strong season and had another great day, finishing with a strong time of 25:20.03 seconds. Finishing in 59th place for the Pirates was Jeff Larson, who finished with a time of 25:35 seconds. For the women’s program, freshman Kiley Britten, junior Desyre Blackburn and senior Amanda Quaglia all had strong performances for the Pirates in the 6K. Britten, a freshman from Crystal Lake, Ill., has been one of the Pirates’ stronger runners this year. She set the pace again for Seton Hall and set a personal record of 22:21 seconds and finished 65th overall. Quagila crossed the finish line with a time of 22:55 seconds and a 73rd place. Coming in third for the Pirates was junior Desyre Blackburn, who finished the day in 76th place and set her own persona record with a time of 23:04 seconds. The Pirates will be back in action on Nov. 13 when they go to Princeton to run in the NCAA Mid-Atlantic Regionals.   Bryant McInerney can be reached at bryant.mcinerney@student.shu.edu.