Graduation details must be communicated to seniors

Graduation is 84 days away (yay!), and the deadline for the application for gradua­tion has come and gone. But there's still no word on any­thing about commencement.

I feel so left in the dark and clueless, which I don't like. I don't even know where com­mencement is being held this year. I don't know when this information has been released in the past, but everything seems very late. I feel like I'm unprepared, especially when I talk to my friends at other schools.

I worry that something stu­pid is going to go wrong, like I didn't actually hit submit on my graduation application or I forgot to take some university requirement class like Intro to Psychology.

And with the win­ter holidays behind us, we all have those relatives who nagged us at Christmas for the details about grad­uation - those rela­tives who want to plan their flights for the big day.

I don't even know how many tickets we are given or if we even get tickets. With a big venue like the Izod Center or the Rock, tickets are probably a moot point. I received my senior photos in the mail this weekend, and the forms tell me to pick my yearbook pose. But do we even have a year­book?

The groundhog told us that spring is on its way, and the weather is getting warmer. With Spring Break less than two weeks away, we still just got our exam schedule for this semester.

While I'm too stressed with making sure I pass my senior classes and make it to gradu­ation to put too much thought into all of this right now, the date is quickly approaching.

Everything is starting to feel so real. It's beginning to hit me that, in 84 days, I will be in the real world and out of this "Seton Hall bubble." I will no longer be able to call myself a student for the first time in 21 years.

Kristyn Lyncheski is a senior journalism major from Glad­stone, NJ. She can be reached at kristyn.lyncheski@student.shu.edu.