A student urges, stop complaining about the caf

Be thankful for our cafeteria, its food and its workers. By no means am I saying that the caf is perfect but it is still something students should be grateful for. No, the food that's served there is not as good as your parents' home-cook­ing or as delicious and made with love as your grandmother's des­serts, so on and so forth. We've all heard the shtick; I've participated in it once or twice, I won't lie.

But all it takes is making the best out of a bad situation - when the situation really isn't even that bad in the first place.

When I speak to friends that go to other schools, that's when I hear about real food issues. By their standards, we're spoiled. I have one friend whose cafeteria is essentially made up of chain fast-food restaurants, which may sound awesome at first, but imagine only being able to choose between eating at Dunkin' Donuts, Nathan's and the wrap place for the entire semester - that will get old by the end of the week.

There's another friend who is served just like in high school, rather than having an all-you-can-eat option.

Neither of my friends are given a chance to build a rapport or speak with the workers, while we have people like Ms. Essie and Ms. Vir­ginia, who have probably made you laugh at least once in your time here.

I'm aware that there are other universities with different, possi­bly better circumstances than us, but we are where we are and that's that.

So when it comes to Seton Hall and you find yourself complaining about all that's given to you, you can do one of five things: eat the food before you, go to the Cove, order take out, not eat and com­plain some more, or do yourself a favor and learn how to cook.

Your options are not as limited as you may think. Besides what school that you know serves filet mignon, lobsters tail, and mus­sels?

Think about it. I thought so.

Chelsea Catlett is a junior com­munication studies major from Al­bany, NY. She can be reached at chelsea.catlett@student.shu.edu.