Hometown feelings can apply to SHU, too

Now that Fall Break has come and gone, and everyone has returned home from their extended weekends just to be sent right back in to the swing of college, I've realized that Seton Hall is beginning to hold a homely feeling to it.

After spending that nice break with all of my friends and family, doing the things I'd grown accustomed to doing my whole life, I felt on the ride back up to school that I wasn't going back to my school, but to my other home.

Obviously no place will ever replace the one you call home, because that's just home. It always has been and it always will, whether the location changes, the people that inhabit it will always make it feel like the place where you belong. But as the days pass by here at the Hall, the school environment has started its trans­formation into that home environment.

This whole college thing has been a nice ride so far and after venturing back home to find that everything is still com­pletely the same, making that short drive upstate was refreshing.

I had my fill of my hometown and re­membered why I was so eager to get out in the first place. By being able to come back up to school and feel right at home I allowed myself to realize that there was nothing overly special about Mantua Township, New Jersey. Once it lost its position as the only place I felt at home, it lost all it really ever had.

While my hometown still does hold those people who make me feel at home, up here at the Hall there are those same people, just with different names and faces.

Not to talk bad about Mantua Town­ship by any means, it will always be the place where I was born and raised, but as it stands at this moment in time Seton Hall feels just like home.

Dennis Chambers can be reached atdennis.chambers@student.shu.edu.