Engage in rest and relaxation this spring break

Spring break is next week from March 2 to 7. Whether students plan to return home or take advantage of the week off and travel, there are ample opportunities to ensure a productive week off.

If students find themselves sitting around their house or hometown next week, there is still plenty for them to do if they want to make the most of their time off.

The Setonian spoke to students around campus and asked them what tips or pieces of advice they had for fellow students who happened to have no plans for break.

Catch up on sleep, on your favorite shows or hang out with loved ones.

Sydney Foo Siam, a junior nursing major from Millstone Township, New Jersey, shared about her plans for the break.

She said that she will be “working and studying all of break.”

Foo Siam recommended taking advantage of the time off to catch up on anything like sleep, favorite shows or to hang out with family, “especially since not many schools have overlapping spring breaks.”

Shopping and visiting friends

Shopping-via-Pixabay-1024x683
Photo via Pixabay
Senior Lauren Machalany suggests shopping for new clothes or shoes during this spring break.

Lauren Machalany, a senior journalism major from South Brunswick, New Jersey, said while she does have plans with friends next week, she suggested that students take the time to go shopping.

“Shopping is always fun,” Machalany said. “Get yourself some new clothes or shoes to prepare for the new season.”

If a student doesn’t enjoy shopping, Machalany also recommended “trying to visit friends at other universities to experience what their college life is like.”

Just relaxing

Taina Vasquez, a senior criminal justice and resident of Woodland Park, New Jersey, recommended taking time for yourself this break.

Vasquez said her plans for spring break include working and spending time with loved ones who she doesn’t “see as much during the semester.”

“Also I will be studying and catching up on all the work for my classes after break,” Vasquez said.

She is most looking forward to “sleeping and binge watching Netflix shows.” She recommended taking the break as an opportunity to relax and catch up on one’s favorite shows or starting a new one.

Rhania Khamel can be reached at rhania.khamel@student.shu.edu.