Seton Hall hires Bryan Felt as Athletics Director

Seton Hall has itself a new athletics director.

After two years as the athletics director at Saint Peter's, Bryan Felt is returning to Seton Hall to assume the same position. Felt was previously Senior Associate Athletics Director under Pat Lyons and is a Seton Hall alumnus.

"Bryan Felt is an outstanding leader and a perfect fit to become our new Director of Athletics," said Seton Hall University President-Elect Dr. Joseph E. Nyre per a press release. "In his decade-plus service to Seton Hall, he has developed lasting relationships, cultivated athletic fundraising to record success and developed a wealth of institutional knowledge. No one is more prepared to build upon the success athletics has already achieved than Bryan."

Felt is a two-time graduate of Seton Hall, receiving Bachelor of Arts degree in 1997 and his Master of Arts in Corporate and Public Communications in 2005. Felt began working at Seton Hall in 2001 with the University's Advancement Department, which oversees the Seton Hall fund. In 2004, Felt joined the Athletics department as as Executive Director for the Pirate Blue Athletic Fund.

In 2011, Felt joined Lyons' administrative staff as Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs. In September 2015, he was promoted to Senior Associate Athletics Director, a position he held until he became the athletics director at Saint Peter's exactly two years later. At Saint Peter's, Felt hired new men's and women's basketball coaches. He also instituted the department's first-ever season ticket plan, which resulted in a 110% increase in ticket revenue and a 40% increase in home game attendance.

"We're tremendously excited to welcome Bryan, his wife Tara, and their three children back to their home here at Seton Hall," Lyons said. "Bryan did a phenomenal job elevating our external units during his time here, and with the amount of experience he has and the relationships he has built here, we have no doubt that he is the perfect candidate to lead our student-athletes, coaches and administrators and execute the department's vision for success."

Felt takes over for Lyons, who is now Seton Hall's executive vice president and chief of staff. Felt will report directly to Lyons on all athletic matters.

"I am humbled and honored to receive this opportunity, and I'd like to thank President Nyre and Pat Lyons for their support and trust," Felt said. "They are visionary leaders, and I'm excited to work alongside them in achieving all of the University's goals.

"Seton Hall University has been a part of my life for over two decades, and the opportunity to lead the athletics department is a dream come true. I now look forward to working with our student-athletes, coaches, staff, Pirate Blue supporters and our entire University community to continue to inspire a championship culture of success on the field, in the classroom and in life."

Tyler Calvaruso can be reached at tyler.calvaruso@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @tyler_calvaruso.