Myles Powell will return to Seton Hall for senior year

After spending the last month testing the NBA draft waters, Seton Hall star Myles Powell has elected to return to South Orange for his senior year.

Following a workout at the Roc Nation pro day in Los Angeles on Tuesday, Powell announced that he was staying in school to play one last season with the Pirates.

https://twitter.com/Myles_MBP_23/status/1133863154121728000

Throughout the draft process, Powell participated in the G-League combine and worked out for a handful of teams. At the combine, Powell shined in his first game by notching the game-winning layup with seconds to go and then a steal at the other end to clinch the victory. He followed up that performance by scoring 23 points in 20 minutes in his second game. Despite his strong showing, Powell was not invited to the NBA draft combine.

DSC_2150-1024x683
After testing the NBA draft waters, Myles Powell is returning to Seton Hall for his senior year/File Photo

From there, Powell went on to work out with the Charlotte Hornets, Brooklyn Nets, Oklahoma City Thunder and Atlanta Hawks. At the G-League combine, Powell also met with the Denver Nuggets, Minnesota Timberwolves, Milwaukee Bucks, Utah Jazz, Memphis Grizzlies, Phoenix Suns, Orlando Magic, San Antonio Spurs and Detroit Pistons.

With Powell back in the fold, Seton Hall has the potential to make some noise next season. The Pirates will return four starters, a handful of key reserves and also welcome top-100 recruit Tyrese Samuel and Florida State transfer Ike Obiagu, who will likely slot into the starting lineup at center.

The 2019-2020 season will also be crucial for Powell, as he works to shine on a national stage and improve his draft stock in the process. With this in mind, Powell will likely be granted more opportunities by Kevin Willard to either play point guard or run Seton Hall's offensive sets in the half court. Powell will also have the chance to make program history this upcoming season, as he is within reach of Terry Dehere's all-time scoring record

After a month's worth of waiting on Powell's decision, Seton Hall fans can now exhale. If all goes as expected, Powell's final season as a Pirate will be one to remember when it's all said and done.