Andrew Stein pegged as head of Seton Hall Sports Properties

With an eye on bringing in a veteran of the field, Andrew Stein was recently named general manager of Seton Hall Sports Properties, the locally based Learfield IMG College team that manages the Pirates’ multimedia rights and sponsorships.

Stein has 20 years of experience under his belt as a sports marketer and sales executive in the New York/New Jersey area. He will lead all communications between Learfield IMG College and Seton Hall’s athletics administration.

“We’d like to welcome Andrew to Seton Hall Athletics, and we are excited to have an experienced sports executive lead Seton Hall Sports Properties and drive our corporate partnership efforts as we continue to seek partners who are excited to align themselves with the growing Seton Hall Pirates brand,” Seton Hall’s Vice President and Director of Athletics & Recreation Pat Lyons said.

Learfield-IMG
Photo via Learfield and IMG

“We’re excited to have Andrew lead our Seton Hall team,” said Learfield IMG College Vice President Gerry Dickey. “His dedicated sales and sports marketing experience in the Northeast will be invaluable as we continue to work alongside Pat and his team to grow the Pirates’ brand.”

Before taking on this new venture, Stein represented sports and entertainment clients through his own consultancy. Prior to that, he served three years as senior director, global corporate partnerships for Harlem Globetrotters International. He is also the former vice president, business development for New York-based SponsorHub and director of corporate partnerships for Lagardere Unlimited. Earlier in his career, Stein worked in sales with the New York Jets, WUSA’S New York Power, XFL’s New York/New Jersey Hitmen and Madison Square Garden.

Learfield IMG College is a new name for the Pirates’ rights partner, as the two collegiate marketers announced the completion of their merger on Dec. 31. As a fully integrated sports marketing and solutions platform, the company provides access to licensing and multimedia sponsorship management, including publishing, radio, digital and social media; fan engagement, ticket sales and professional concessions expertise; branding; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue technology systems.

The company’s Seton Hall Sports Properties team oversees the day-to-day Pirates’ relationship.

Tyler Calvaruso can be reached at tyler.calvaruso@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @tyler_calvaruso.