Seton Hall spreads the wealth in victory over Kennesaw State

After Victoria Cardaci carried the offensive load in Seton Hall's season-opening victory over Wagner, the Pirates proved they are more than a one-woman show against Kennesaw State on Saturday afternoon. [Best_Wordpress_Gallery id="105" gal_title="WBB 11.10.2018"]

Jill Cancela/Staff Photographer
Coming off the bench, freshman Femi Funeus scored 21 points on 7-10 shooting, senior Inja Butina added 15 points and junior Kaela Hilaire chipped in 13 as Seton Hall cruised to 102-80 victory. Funeus also added nine rebounds, while Shadeen Samuels just missed a double-double with 12 points and nine rebounds. It was the fourth time in program history that the Pirates eclipsed the century mark in a game and getting there was a complete team effort. 11 different Seton Hall players scored at least two points while scoring more than 23 points in each quarter, shooting 50 percent from the field and draining nine shots from beyond the arc. Tuesday's leading scorer, the aforementioned Cardaci, only scored five points on 2-3 shooting in the win. Cardaci's low scoring output was surprising given her hot start to the season, but it says a lot about what this Seton Hall team is all about. Heading into the season, Tony Bozzella placed an emphasis on establishing a high-octane offensive attack and so far, it has worked out. Seton Hall is averaging 98.5 points per game and the Pirates are getting contributions from every member of the roster. It's early, but this team is proving to be one of the deepest Bozzella has coached in his time at Seton Hall. Each player can hold their own playing Bozzella's new offensive scheme and he isn't afraid to turn to his depth in search of scoring. The Pirates also succeeded in forcing turnovers and translating those turnovers into points. After forcing 36 turnovers against Wagner, Seton Hall forced 24 against Kennesaw State. Those 24 turnovers led to 23 points. This team has a different look to it so far this season and they will be put to the test again on Sunday afternoon against UTSA. Last season, the Roadrunners went 9-21 and struggled to keep opposing offenses off the board. On 20 occasions, UTSA allowed 60 points or more and struggled mightily against up-tempo offenses. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. and if Seton Hall's first two games are any indication, expect plenty of offensive fireworks throughout the course of the afternoon. Tyler Calvaruso can be reached at tyler.calvaruso@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @tyler_calvaruso.