Lizzie Win has historic weekend in Delaware

This past weekend, the Seton Hall women’s golf team wrapped up its fall season by winning the Delaware Lady Blue Hen Invitational. The team was led by a dominant performance, once again, by Lizzie Win. Win finished with an overall scoreline of 216 - tied for her personal best three-round tournament score of all time. On top of Win’s personal best performance, she also gets her name in the Seton Hall women’s golf record book. Win stood up to the challenge on Sunday in the crucial third round. She fired a 2-over-par, 73, which included 12 pars and two birdies. After trailing by three strokes to begin the round, Win undoubtedly gave herself a chance with her performance. [caption id="attachment_24717" align="aligncenter" width="838"] Photo via SHU Athletics[/caption] What is even more impressive is the fact that she was able to pull it off in high winds. Win masterfully was able to control her ball flight so well in difficult circumstances. Win did not even struggle on any hole throughout the tournament. She finished tied for sixth in par three holes at 1-over-par, tied for first in par four holes at 3-over-par and tied for fourth in par five holes at 1-under-par. Thus, Win was able to find success in both her short and long game, making it easy for the rest of her game to fall into place. She ultimately finished the tournament with 35 total pars and eight birdies. The individual win itself is a first for Win, and it is also the first individual title for a Seton Hall Pirate this season. From a team standpoint, it was the Pirates’ 14th of all time, and it broke Seton Hall’s previous three-round record by eight strokes, as the team fired in an overall score of 890. The Pirates held the lead after every single round on their way to victory. As the team moves towards the spring season, Win will attempt to build on her success and wrack up more accolades. In the end, it was a historic day for her and Seton Hall Athletics as a whole. Mat Mlodzinski can be reached at matthew.mlodzinski@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @Mlodzinski_15.